The South Island Mountain Bike Society mission:
- To act to preserve and increase mountain biking access on south Vancouver Island.
- To promote responsible off-road cycling.
- To organize volunteers to aid in the restoration, development, and maintenance of mountain bike trail systems.
- To participate in the planning process for and the management of recreational land as it relates to mountain bike access and use.
- To conduct research on how mountain biking affects recreational land.
- To provide off road cyclists with education programs including:
- mountain bike safety,
- mountain bike practices that minimize user conflicts, trail damage and ecological impact,
- mountain bike trail planning, building and maintenance.